It's important to keep your car's transmission running smoothly whether it’s a manual or an automatic. We can perform Transmission Service on your car right here in Windsor – Call us today for a quote!
There are two main differences between an automatic and a manual transmission:
- Automatic Transmissions vehicles have no clutch pedal.
- There is also no gear stick in an automatic transmission vehicle; once the transmission is put into drive, the rest is automatic.
An automatic transmission uses the same set of gears to produce different gear ratios, whereas a manual transmission locks and unlocks various sets of gears to the output shaft in order to achieve the various gear ratios.
Manual transmissions need servicing but it is a less complicated task which involves replacing the fluids and/or making minor adjustments.
Automatic transmissions involve a range of parts such as a planetary gear set, a set of locking bands, a hydraulic system, clutches, and a large pump to move transmission fluid around and so regular servicing of Automatic transmissions is essential to ensure maximum performance, economy and service life.
Symptons that there are problems with your automatic transmission include:
- Fluids Leaking.
- 'Check Engine' light.
- Clunky transitions between gears.
- Difficulty getting 'into' gear.
- A whining, humming or even a slight buzzing sound.
If you are experiencing any of these issues in your vehicle please call us at Memmott`s Automotive in Windsor Today!